skip to Main Content
Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

The Future is Bright: Testing Trends

November 9, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm CST

This presentation discusses the results of a survey that focuses on where most software departments are regarding QA Maturity in the Digital Transformation age, not just the leaders. Everyone knows where the top 10% of IT departments are regarding their QA maturity in the digital transformation age, but what about the other 90%? Being a QA Practice Leader, I get the chance to assess many organizations in a year, but what I tend to see is not what is being reported in the news/blogs, etc. The news tends to be about the leaders and what they are doing regarding QA, DevOps, automation, etc. To confirm my suspicions about the state of QA Digital Transformation readiness progress in the mainstream, Pyramid Consulting commissioned a survey through Edge Strategies, a well-respected consulting and research firm that has worked extensively with Microsoft, IBM, and others to conduct surveys of QA Professionals. The results of this survey revealed quite a bit of interesting information about the more mainstream IT departments. It is clear that many IT departments need help with their digital transformation journey. In addition, there were many challenges that our survey respondents brought forward, which I will discuss during the session, and offer potential solutions to resolve them.

Carl has over 40 years in the QA space, in a variety of industries, including Defense, Financial Services, Healthcare, Wireless Telecom, Insurance, Travel and Hospitality. He has developed successful QA solutions for a wide variety of companies, ranging from small startups up to large multi-national corporations. Since moving over to consulting, he has worked with countless clients to improve their Quality Assurance programs through various avenues, such as strategic assessments, QA maturity roadmaps, software process improvement, tool selection, implementation, and integration, just to name a few. Through his significant experience, he has worked hand in hand with C-level executives, as well as other levels of management, to transform their software development organizations into teams that produce higher quality software, more efficiently. He is currently the QA Practice Director for Pyramid Consulting. He has overall responsibility for the leadership of the practice, growing the practice, creating innovative offerings/solutions, team management, and ensuring high levels of client satisfaction for all of Pyramid’s QA engagements. He has a BS in Computer Science and an MBA, both from Hofstra University.


November 9, 2021
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm CST


Online event


Atlanta Quality Assurance Association (AQAA) Meetup
Back To Top