- This event has passed.
Flexible Data Setup & Caching for Cypress End-to-End Tests
March 8 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm CST
Gleb will introduce you to a very powerful way of creating and re-using data in your Cypress.io end-to-end tests. By re-using objects like users, projects, etc. that are typically very resource-intensive to create, you will make your tests much more efficient, faster, easier to read, and simpler to maintain.
The key takeaways from this talk are:
– How to measure and understand where your end-to-end tests spend the majority of their time.
– How to make parts of the test faster by skipping the user interface and driving the application directly through its HTTP API
– How to control the state of the application by resetting it before each spec file and before each individual test
– How to make the application tests faster by caching and reusing test data, while keeping the tests independent from each other
– The trade-offs between shared backend database vs individual databases for each test agent running in its own container on CI
Slides from conference presentations: https://slides.com/bahmutov
Gleb is a GitHub Star
He is also an Algolia Ambassador, CircleCI Ambassador, Microsoft MVP, and ex-Cypress Distinguished Engineer.