- This event has passed.
Azure Functions – What Are They and How Can You Use Them?
October 10 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm CDT
Join as we talk all about Azure Functions and how this serverless Sass offering from Azure can be incorporated into your event-driven processes or simple used as an HTTP trigger.
**What you will learn:**
* What are Azure Functions (just the basics)
* Why Azure Functions?
* Variety of programming languages
* DevOps Tools
* Triggers Overview (will quickly walk through the types of triggers)
* Creating an Azure Function with HTTP Trigger
* Connecting to Azure Cosmos
* Q&A session to clarify doubts and explore further insights.
By the end of this session, you will gain a solid foundation about what Azure Functions are and how you might be able to use the various triggers for your business use case.
Mike Gentry is a National Solutions Architect for Capgemini in the Indianapolis branch. He has architected large-scale applications in AWS for a large vehicle remarketing client for several years. Then for past 11 months, he has transitioned over to the Azure space as a Solutions Architect for an insurance client.